Monday, August 20, 2012

Coldspring State of Mind

 I loved this piece on Pinterst. 

DIY Easy Wall Art

http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/08/song-lyric-wall-art-diy-project.html

I found a less than awesome painting at the Restore a while back.

 I really didn't know what I wanted it to say until a trip with my social planner.  It was a sign that said Round Top State of Mind.  My social planner loved this saying and wanted me to paint that.  I painted it once but did not love it.  It will be redone.
I bought letters at Dollar Tree.  Warning... Do not use these letters if you want crisp precise lines.  These letters allow bleeding no matter what you do.  I knew that from a previous project  but I wanted that messy look.


I applied the letters to the canvas.  I tried to put the letters in places that allowed the different colors from the painting to show through.



I also added painter's tape to the bottom and top to allow more of the painting to show through.


I painted over the entire thing with my favorite new color, cinnamon cake from Behr.  While the paint was still wet, I peeled the letters and tape up.  I loved the effect.

I really do need a Coldspring State of Mind this coming week.




No comments:

Post a Comment