Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Move in Weekend for the Craft Corner

Yippee!  My craft corner is finally dry, in place and ready for service.  I am so happy.  It has been a frustrating trip to get to this point.  If you have been reading my blog you have read my excitement at finding the perfect desk... making a big mess... then finally getting it put together.

This weekend I got to move into the desk.  I carried all my stuff out of the house.  It took two bags.
This is inside one of the bags.  Hubby was embarrassed that I would show you my junk, but it is what it is.  I have not had a place to work for a while.  When I wanted to be creative, I had to get everything out, put it on the kitchen table them put it up before we could use the table. It sure took away the joy.

This was one of my cheapo finds.
 
Originally, this was an oak desk organizer I bought for 25 cents at Livingston Trade Days.
 
Hubby added a piece of scrap wood to the center.
 
 
 
    It fit bottles of craft paint perfectly.  I painted it my duck egg blue color and it is now ready to use.
 

Along the chair rail Hubby drilled holes for cup hooks.  My brushes didn't have holes so Hubby had to drill a hole in each of them.  Below the big brushes is one of Hubby's genius moments.  I was looking for something to keep my art brushes in. I have tried a lot of things.  Most recently I had a Pringles can with holes punched in the lid, but the smaller brushes fell through.  I really thought Hubby would have to build me something but he found this old pipe holder at a resale shop.  It is perfect.  50 cents and it even has a place for a jar to fill with water that I can drop used brushes into. I wonder what that spot was for orginally?   I love it.  He loves it because there was no building, fixing, painting or adjusting for him.  I literally brought it home and put it in place.

The drawers are organized.

 The blackboard above the craft table has changed from this...

to this.  Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment